“On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.” John 2:1-2
**THAT YOUR WEDDING MAY BE JOYOUS**
Our church is happy to have a part in helping you with your plans to make your wedding a joyous, meaningful, and a sacred event.
If you are interested in holding your wedding at our church, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to our church during regular office hours (Monday-Thursday, 9-noon & 1-3).
AVAILABLE FROM THE CHURCH:
- Use of the sanctuary; dressing room for bride and party in the Sewing Room; groom’s room in the church library.
- A reception may be held in the Fireside Room (our United Methodist Women will handle the reception). Only the rooms specifically designated for your use are to be used.
- Pastor/counselor – Weddings in our church should be arranged with the pastor. Contact our pastor about your wedding at least four months before the wedding date, if possible. Church availability for weddings is contingent upon the schedule of our pastor and the church building. Our pastor will provide counseling with every couple at three appointments made prior to the wedding.
- Organ and organist or pianist – Our organist or our pianist will play for your service. Please confer with her in advance about the music for your service. If you have a soloist and they need an accompanist, they should contact the organist/pianist at least two weeks prior to the wedding regarding rehearsal.
- Kneeling pillow, two 7-candle candelabra, two candle-lighting and snuffing instruments.
- A double wedding ring wedding center banner (gold on white) and matching side banners.
PROVIDED BY THE WEDDING PARTY:
- Flowers. The church has a few vases that may be used if desired. Flowers cannot be attached to the ends of the pews by any other means than cloth-covered wire, fabric ribbon, or plastic material (florists often want to use tape or uncovered wire, which are hard on the pews). Couples often ask about leaving some of the flowers from the wedding to be used during the church services on Sunday, and yes, we do appreciate it when flowers from Saturday weddings are left in the sanctuary for the church service the next day.
- Flower containers other than those available at the church.
- Other decorations (within keeping of reverence in the sanctuary.)
- Fourteen candles for the two candelabra, if the couple decides to use them.
- A “Wedding” or “unity” candle and two long thin candles for the couple to use in lighting the wedding candle, should the use of a wedding candle be desired by the couple.
- The wedding license, which must be brought to the church on or before the rehearsal so needed information can be written in prior to the wedding.
- Photographers, florists, and other service personnel should abide by the rules of the church, seeking the advice of the pastor when in doubt. Flash pictures only during processional and recessional. Pictures during the ceremony by natural light only if possible.
- The church is not responsible for any personal belongings of persons in the wedding party, guests, vocalists, musicians, etc. Care for safety considerations should also be taken by persons entering the church.
WEDDING RECEPTION (If held in the church)
PROVIDED BY THE UNITED METHODIST WOMEN:
- Silverware, silver service, cups, plates. Also, coffee, tea and punch.
- Cake knife.
- Punch service.
- Kitchen help for the reception
NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE SERVED OR PERMITTED ON CHURCH GROUNDS.
PROVIDED BY THE BRIDE OR WEDDING PARTY:
These materials should be at the church several hours before the reception.
- Flowers and other decorations, as desired
- Bow for cake knife
- Mints and nuts as desired – approximately 2 pounds per 50 guests
- Optional ice ring
- Any other food (as desired)
- Persons to serve cake, punch, coffee. Also persons for guest book and bearers of gifts, as needed.
Click Here for a Wedding Fee Schedule and Worksheet (these forms are under review; fees subject to change)
All fees are to be paid at least two weeks prior to the wedding ceremony.
PAYMENT FOR WEDDING AND RECEPTION FEES:
The form “Itemization of Wedding/Reception Fees” shall be completed at the time arrangements are made.
- Fees for building use are to be paid to the church.
- Fees for professional services are to be paid directly to the professional.
- Reception services are to be paid to United Methodist Women.
Initial reception fee is based on an estimate of guests with adjustment afterward.