“On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.” John 2:1-2
**THAT YOUR WEDDING MAY BE JOYOUS**
Our church is happy to have a part in helping you with your plans to make your wedding a joyous, meaningful, and a sacred event.
In order to be of service to you, the following may be of assistance.
AVAILABLE FROM THE CHURCH:
- Use of the sanctuary; dressing room for bride and party in the Sewing Room; groom’s room in the church library. A reception may be held in the Fireside Room (when the United Methodist Women handle the reception). Only the rooms specifically designated for your use are to be used.
- Pastor/Counselor – Weddings in our church should be arranged with the pastor. Contact our pastor about your wedding at least four months before the wedding date, if possible. Church availability for weddings is contingent upon the schedule of our pastor and the church building. Our pastor will provide counseling with every couple at three appointments made prior to the wedding.
- Organ and Organist. Our organist will play for your service. Please confer with her in advance about the music for your service. Our organ is an 11 rank Moeller pipe organ with chimes.
- Kneeling pillow, two seven-candle candelabra, two candle-lighting and snuffing instruments.
PROVIDED BY THE WEDDING PARTY:
- Flowers (couples often ask about leaving some of the flowers from the wedding to be used during the church services on Sunday, and yes, we do appreciate it when flowers from Saturday weddings are left in the sanctuary for the church service the next day). The church has two gold flower containers with removable insets, which measure 3 inches wide by 8 inches tall, and may be placed on the altar. Flowers cannot be attached to the ends of the pews by any other means than cloth-covered wire or plastic material (florists often want to use tape or uncovered wire, which are hard on the pews).
- Flower containers other than for the altar.
- Other decorations (within keeping of reverence in the sanctuary).
- Fourteen candles for the two candelabra, if the couple decides to use it.
- A “Wedding” or “unity” candle and two long thin candles for the couple to use in lighting the wedding candle, should the use of a wedding candle be desired by the couple.
- The wedding license, which must be brought to the church on or before the rehearsal so needed information can be written in prior to the wedding.
- Photographers, florists, and other service personnel should abide by the rules of the church, seeking the advice of the pastor when in doubt. Flash pictures only during processional and recessional. Pictures during the ceremony by natural light only if possible.
- The church is not responsible for any personal belongings of persons in the wedding party, guests, vocalists, musicians, etc. Care for safety considerations should also be taken by persons entering the church.
WEDDING RECEPTION (If held in the church)
PROVIDED BY THE UNITED METHODIST WOMEN:
- Candle holders
- Silverware, silver service, cups, plates. Also, coffee, tea and punch. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE SERVED OR PERMITTED ON CHURCH GROUNDS.
- Cake knife
- Punch service
PROVIDED BY THE BRIDE OR WEDDING PARTY:
These materials should be at the church several hours before the reception.
- Flowers and other decorations, as desired
- Six candles – 4 short and 2 tall tapers
- Bow for cake knife
- Mints and nuts as desired – approximately 2 pounds per 50 guests
- Optional ice ring
- Any other food (as desired)
- Persons to serve cake, punch, coffee. Also persons for guest book and bearers of gifts, as needed.
|COST FOR NON-MEMBERS|
|1.||Use of church, utilities||$250.00|
Note: The soloist should be in contact with the organist for adequate instruction and rehearsal.
|8.||Reception: Use of Fireside Room/Kitchenette, custodian & utilities if reception is done by UMW in the church||$50.00|
|OR||Use of Fellowship Hall/Kitchen for Reception||$100.00|
|COSTS FOR RECEPTION BEYOND THE BASE FEE ABOVE
These costs beyond the base reception fee are for non-members.
Members of this church pay half the stated rates.
|Number of Guests||Reception Fee|
|Up to 50||$100 minimum payable in advance|
|Over 50||$2.00 per person
(estimated and adjusted after the reception)
|COST FOR MEMBERS OF FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF KLAMATH FALLS
To qualify for this part of the fee schedule, the bride or groom or the parent(s) of the bride or groom must be a church member.
|1.||Use of church, utilities||No fee*|
See Note in #3 above
|6.||Use of other rooms as outlined in #8 above|
PAYMENT FOR WEDDING AND RECEPTION FEES
Two forms, “Itemization of Wedding/Reception Fees” (for building use and professional services) and “Itemization of Reception Fees/United Methodist Women” (for reception services, if applicable) shall be completed at the time arrangements are made.
All fees for building use and professional services are to be paid to the church and for reception services are to be paid to United Methodist Women and shall be paid at least two weeks prior to the wedding ceremony.
Initial reception fee is based on an estimate of guests with adjustment afterward.